Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chapter 8: Organizational Communication

· Pick one concept from the assigned reading that you found useful or interesting and discuss it.

Network Roles were super intersting to read because I immediately started to think of all my co-workers and what role they would fit in. I began assessing my co-workers and myself and was able to put my co-workers in roles that I thought suited them and I even picked a role for myself. Even more intersting is when I began to think of the roles that my co-workers would place themselves in and me.

I am definitely the Boundary spanner or cosmolite in my company because even though I work for Plumas Crisis Intervention and Resource Center I run their Indian Valley Resource Center in Greenville all by myself and I do have contact with many individuals outside of our organization who bring valuable information to our organization.

Intersting stuff to think about:)

Have a great week!

No comments: